By Thomas Habinek
- Explores the position of the orator, specifically the 2 maximum figures of the culture, Demosthenes and Cicero
- Investigates where of rhetoric on the heart of old education
- Considers the function of rhetoric because the finish of antiquity.
- Includes a word list of right names and technical phrases; a chronological desk of political occasions, authors, orators, and rhetorical works; and recommendations for additional reading.
Read Online or Download Ancient Rhetoric and Oratory (Blackwell Introductions to the Classical World) PDF
Best rhetoric books
The essays during this e-book argue that the energetic studying innovations that lecturers knowledgeable in composition use for his or her literature classes should be exported to different disciplines to augment either instructor functionality and pupil studying. The ebook offers and explains examples of these innovations and illustrates how they've been successfully utilized in different disciplines.
The crash of an Amtrak educate close to Baltimore, the cave in of the Hyatt resort in Kansas urban, the incident at 3 Mile Island, and different large-scale technological failures have supplied strong examples of the ways in which verbal exchange practices impact the occasions and judgements that precipitate a catastrophe.
Rhetorical scholarship has for many years relied completely on tradition to give an explanation for persuasive habit. whereas this concentration enables deep explorations of ancient situation, it neglects the strong results of biology on rhetorical habit – how bodies and brains aid form and constrain rhetorical acts.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2014 im Fachbereich Rhetorik / Phonetik / Sprechwissenschaft, observe: 2,0, Hochschule für angewandtes administration GmbH, Veranstaltung: Schlüsselqualifikation - Teilbereich Kommunikation, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: "Wir missbrauchen nicht nur die Sprache um zu manipulieren, wir werden auch durch die Sprache zum Manipulieren verführt“.
- Transmedial Narratology and Contemporary Media Culture (Frontiers of Narrative)
- The Trojan War: Literature and Legends from the Bronze Age to the Present, 2d ed.
- Writing about Visual Art (Aesthetics Today)
- Narrative Impact: Social and Cognitive Foundations
Additional resources for Ancient Rhetoric and Oratory (Blackwell Introductions to the Classical World)
Ancient Rhetoric and Oratory (Blackwell Introductions to the Classical World) by Thomas Habinek