By Adam J. Copeland
Everyone is familiar with that stewardship is greater than funds and funds. however, seldom can we provide time to discover the profound thought of stewardship in its many dimensions, together with stewardship of time, paintings, physique, brain, spirit, neighborhood, expertise, and extra. Beyond the supplying Plate does simply that.
Written via ten attractive pastors, seminary professors, and church leaders, this specified source bargains a various and holistic method of stewardship. In ten available chapters, readers will find out how they could faithfully and essentially talk about and have interaction with stewardship frequently. excellent for church leaders, seminary scholars, and pastors, this ebook comprises questions for mirrored image and purposes for all times jointly on the finish of every bankruptcy. Copeland provides a different part with biblical references and preaching issues on the finish of the ebook.
Featured participants include:
- Margaret P. Aymer, affiliate Professor of latest testomony at Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary in Austin, Texas
- Kathleen A. Cahalan, Professor of Theology at Saint John's collage tuition of Theology and Seminary in Collegeville, Minnesota
- MaryAnn McKibben Dana, writer of Sabbath within the Suburbs
- David Gambrell, affiliate for Worship within the workplace of Theology and Worship of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)
- David P. King, Karen Lake Buttrey Director of the Lake Institute on religion and Giving and affiliate Professor of Philanthropic stories at Indiana collage in Bloomington, Indiana
- Neal D. Presa, pastor and previous moderator of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)
- Ellie Roscher, Director of minor and tale improvement at Bethlehem Lutheran Church dual towns in Minneapolis and writer of ways espresso kept My lifestyles
- Mary Hinkle Shore, pastor of Lutheran Church of the nice Shepherd in Brevard, North Carolina
- John W. Vest, vacationing Assistant Professor of Evangelism at Union Presbyterian Seminary in Richmond, Virginia
Read Online or Download Beyond the Offering Plate: A Holistic Approach to Stewardship PDF
Best christian living_1 books
What if the very factor you’re working from is the very factor God desires to use to unearth your function, your calling and your future? What if that painful state of affairs you confronted is the object He wishes you to reveal to assist motivate, motivate and uplift millions of alternative humans? What if God is ready on you to return out of hiding, pop out of the shadows and the sidelines of your existence to teach people who scars don’t need to make you sour, yet they could really make you greater?
Navigating the 4 severe Seasons of RelationshipThe overwhelming majority of kids will nonetheless go through the main stages of singleness, relationship, engagement and marriage in theirtwenties. but they're delaying marriage longer than any new release in human background. Why? For the 1st time in heritage, the common age for an American girl having her first baby, 26, is more youthful than the common age of her firstmarriage, 27.
Is it biblically sound to tithe funds? In its 2d version, past Tithes & choices (from On Time Publishing) solutions this question via at once tough the normal teachings of financial tithes and choices! carrying on with from the 1998 1st variation vintage, this library of biblical proof will enable you counter and nullify every one of many purposes supplied by way of fellow Christians that advertise conventional tithing.
In song with God is a tribute to the nice hymns of Christian religion and trust within the Lord Jesus Christ. encouraged through the Holy Spirit, songwriters of outdated and new have penned righteous, lyrical directions appropriate for day-by-day residing. those melodies carry deep that means in our lives as they elevate our spirits and fill our hearts with pleasure for the adventure, simply as King David’s psalms do.
Additional info for Beyond the Offering Plate: A Holistic Approach to Stewardship
Beyond the Offering Plate: A Holistic Approach to Stewardship by Adam J. Copeland