Paphos is a famous town at the southwestern tip of Cyprus. It is known for the Troodos Mountains and several archaeological points of interest. Travellers from different parts of the world drift here to experience the glamorous coastal strip, postcard-perfect promenades, and coastal path with amazing views as well as exotic night life.
“Paphos is all about castles, tombs, churches, monasteries, lemon and olive groves and natural scenery.”
Travellers love to stroll all around the town to experience its culture and heritage. Family visitors often take local buses to see Coral Bay, Polis as well as other local coastal villages.
- Paphos is included in the official UNESCO list of cultural and natural treasures of the world’s heritage for its spectacular ancient remains. – Wikipedia.
- Paphos International Airport is the country’s second-largest airport. – Wikipedia.
- Autumn is the best time to explore Paphos.
Things to explore in Paphos
- Paphos Archaeological Park – It is one of the famous tourist destinations of Paphos. It has a wide range of travel attractions, including the House of Dionysos, the House of Theseus, etc. Travellers enjoy the ruins of large Roman villas as well as ancient mosaics.
- Paphos Fort – Not far away from the main city, it is an ancient fort, which is still dipped in its past. It was last used by the British.
- Paphos Bird Park – If you are a bird lover, you must visit Paphos Bird Park; it is a massive animal park with different types of bird species.
- The Tombs of the Kings – These are the worthiest places to visit in Paphos. People explore ancient, but attractive cave-cut tombs. There are many limestone complexes that are worth visiting.
- Coastal path – One of the best ways of enjoying the beauty of Paphos is to walk along the coastal areas. You can enjoy Coral Bay, long roads, sea breezes, culture, traditions as well as greenery.
- Coral Bay (a lively seaside town) – People from across the world come here to see the gorgeous rocky headlands, sea caves, romantic coves, awesome Mediterranean sea, crescent of soft white sand, limestone outcrops and much more. It is all about natural elegance and grace. You can enjoy different water sports there.
- The Akamas Peninsula – Avid explorers move towards the Akamas Peninsula, which is located in the far west of Cyprus. It has everything to offer from excellent natural beauty to wild landscape as well as sandy bays.
Moreover, you can move around to see different types of underground tombs as well as green valleys. There are many sites that have been awarded World Heritage Status. Fun doesn’t stop here, if you have time, you can move towards secluded mountain villages and foothills of the Troodos Mountains that are unique and radiates rural charm. You can also enjoy different types of adrenaline-packed moments there.
It is fun to explore the ancient streets and warm bazaars. There are many family-friendly and budget hotels and resorts near the coastal paths; you can choose as per you preferences.
No doubt, Paphos can blow your mind away. Are you ready to explore Paphos?