Lyon, a vibrant city, is famous for its incomparable architectural, cultural and gastronomic heritage. Its location and geographical features make it one of the best travel destinations in France. Travellers from all across the world come here to see the Roman theatre, ancient boulevards, massive rivers (the Rhône River and the Saône), St Jean cathedral, Renaissance courtyards and St Paul church.
Reasons to visit Lyon:
- Place des Terreaux – This is a magnificent and ancient square, which was redesigned in the 1990s. The nearby City Hall, fountain sculpted by Bartholdi and Museum of Fine Arts are some of the most splendid places to visit at Place des Terreaux.
- Boat trips – One of the best ways to explore Lyon is to take boat rides on the Saône River. You can choose day or night trips as per your comfort and convenience.
- Museums and Galleries – Lyon is also known as the city of Museums and Galleries. You can explore some of the most stunning museums and galleries like Palais Saint-Pierre / Musée des Beaux Arts, Musée Des Confluences, Musée urbain Tony Garnier, etc.
- Food – French food and wine is famous around the world. People hit the most popular restaurants and hotels to taste different varieties of French food items.
Porto is synonymous with hilly backstreets, bridges, amazing landmarks, cutting-edge architecture as well as street art. It is one of the most happening cities of Portugal.
Reasons to visit Porto:
- Wine tour – Most people choose Porto, known as port wine capital, to enjoy the unforgettable wine tours.
- Food – Porto is blessed with thousands of awesome bakeries and pastry shops.
- Accommodation – Porto offers a wide range of accommodation options. You can choose from the simplest guest houses to deluxe holiday apartments and houses.
- Place to explore – You can explore Douro Valley, Gerês National Park, Douro river, International Museum of Contemporary Architecture and blue flags beaches.
The entire region of Porto is punctuated with amazing monuments as well as glorious architecture.