Queensland is the most popular and quintessential Australian state covering the continent’s northeast, with an extensive coastline of nearly 7,000 km. It is known for its exotic Great Barrier Reef, secluded islands, dense jungles, underwater paradise, tropical lush Daintree Rainforest as well as the most beautiful surfing beaches.
It is an ideal region for nature lovers, bird watchers and adventure enthusiasts.
Queensland is also known for its:
- Sparkling lakes
- Captivating islands
- Exotic sandy beaches
- Lush rainforests
- Endless coastline
Interesting facts about Queensland:
- Queensland is the second largest state in Australia.
- Queensland has 5 of Australia’s 11 World Natural Heritage areas.
- About one third of Queenslanders are migrants or the children of migrants.
- Queensland has more than 1000 species of native vertebrates, many of them unique to the region.
- There are over 200 national parks in Queensland, covering 6.5 million hectares.
Most people explore Queensland to uncover:
If you are a big fan of wind, sand, surfing, freshwater lakes, crystalline creeks, and giant dunes, visit Fraser Island. It is one of the most gorgeous paradise for adventure seekers. It encourages travellers to enjoy non-stop surfing, skydiving, mountain-biking, fishing and gliding. Families especially explore the native rainforests and uninhabited regions.
Fact: Fraser Island is the largest sand island in the world (measuring 120 km by 15 km), and is the only known place where rainforest grows on sand.
In fact, it is known for its unique wildlife, protected National Parks, sharks and migrating humpback whales.
Queensland offers the finest opportunity to people to explore its hidden jewels and Whitsunday Islands is one of them. It is known for its massive stretch of coral life, marine eco system and dense rainforests. People enjoy hiking, beach walking and swimming. There are many exotic and irresistible islands such as Hamilton Island, Planton Island, Pine Island, etc. that make it the most beautiful place on earth.
This is a dream destination near Queensland, Australia. It’s known for its beautiful atmosphere, ageless beach resorts and the timeless Great Barrier Reef. People often visit here to experience Daintree National Park, which is the most spectacular rainforest of Australia. People also enjoy boutique shops, bars, and restaurants that offer amazing food.
- Best time to visit Queensland – November to April.
- Best places to visit in Queensland – Gold Coast, Hervey Bay, Whitsunday Islands, Townsville, Cairns, etc.
So, get ready to sense the vibes of Queensland with UK’s best travel agency